Divorce can be complex emotionally, financially, and legally. Divorce attorneys focus on the legal issues and may not be trained in the financial aspects so much. Divorce Financial Analysts are certified and trained to review your finances, as well as the tax implications related to divorce. Individuals and couples are better prepared to create settlement strategies aligned with their cares and interests using available creative tools and techniques.
When legal and financial professionals work together to develop comprehensive solutions, it often reduces the level of emotional stress associated with divorce. We have found that increased knowledge through education provides confidence to feel safe and move forward in the process.
Experts in Divorce Financial Planning are accredited as Certified Divorce Financial Analysts and have specialized training in the financial intricacies of divorce, making them uniquely qualified to assist you and your family.
A range of services provided:
- Educate clients to help understand the implications of financial decisions
- Gather, organize and summarize required financial information
- Draft pre- and post-divorce estimated spending plans (budgets)
- Prepare Schedule of Assets & Debts and Income & Expense Declarations attachments
- Create Cash Flow models and Net Worth projections for possible ‘what-if’ scenarios
- Analyze and project spending patterns – illustrating any disparities between the two spouses’ pre- and post-divorce lifestyles
- Review and Assess various settlement options
- Work together to create possible scenarios for income allocation and property division
- Develop financial models to illustrate estimated short-term and longer-term financial consequences and tax effects of proposed settlements ideas
- Provide attorneys with comprehensive reports and tools for settlement discussions
- Help develop creative options and financial strategies to achieve equitable settlement
- Analyze equity incentive-based compensation (stock options, etc.)